La 26.11. Sibeliusmuseo: Marc Ribot (USA)

Aloittaja Dead sun rising, 13:41:48 - 10.11.2022

« edellinen - seuraava »

Kalenteriin linkitetyt tapahtumat

Dead sun rising

Nyt on jännä vierailija kaupungissa, Marc Ribot (USA)!

Siinäpä vasta on melkoinen artisti.
Jos inhoat "erikoismusaa", kannattanee passata suosiolla...  ;)

LainaaSibeliusmuseo, Turku
26.11.2022 19:00–20:00
Liput ovelta 45€
Liput ennakkoon 40€

Amerikkalainen jazz-kitaristi Marc Ribot on yli 40-vuotisen uransa aikana tullut tunnetuksi lukuisista omista yhtyeistään mm. The Young Philadelphians, Marc Ribot Trio jne.

Hänen kitarointiaan on kuultu mm. Tom Waitsin, Elvis Costellon, Marianne Faithfullin, Robert Plantin, John Zornin, Susana Bacan ja Martin Scorsesen produktioissa.

Mark on tunnettu ennen kaikkea laajasta ja monipuolisesta tuotannosta, jossa yhdistyvät eri musiikkityylit free jazzista souliin ja noise rockiin.
https://sibeliusmuseum.fi/fi/tapahtumat/marc-ribot-usa/

LainaaFrom BrooklynVegan: Marc Ribot's Ceramic Dog released Hope earlier this year, a terrific album that was made during the darkest times in recent memory (2020) but yet found light and humor, all through Ribot's unique, charmingly cantankerous worldview.

One of the standouts on the album is "The Activist," a skronky, seven-minute rant that goes off on more than a few tangents and pokes fun at some aspects of activism while being very much the work of an activist. Marc notes that the views expressed in this song may not be the views of himself and the band. "We're narrators, but we've never pretended to be reliable," he says, offering up these lines from the song as evidence: "I don't accept my shoes. I don't accept my age, my hair, my weight, my breath, my face. I don't accept my language, my religion, or my death. I vote no! I break consensus! I refuse! I resist!" He adds, "We love fighting for our rights. And we love rockin the house. And we hate bullshit. And we love rockin the house. And we love Antonio Gramsci because he said 'The truth is always revolutionary.' And we love rockin the house."
https://marcribot.bandcamp.com/album/hope