« edellinen - seuraava »

Kalenteriin linkitetyt tapahtumat

karol

la 21.10. Transeuropa Open Turku: Cha(lle)nging the Other
klo 11–21.30

https://www.facebook.com/events/2041083739456406
https://www.facebook.com/transeuropaturku
https://transeuropafestival.eu

"Join us to explore the various facets of imagining, narrating and physically manifesting 'the Other' in contemporary European context in order to cha(lle)nge the hateful and dividing spirit. By the use of different community art tools we invite our audience to challenge the topics of social injustice and inequality in everyday narratives and practices and encourage them to rewrite, reconstruct and finally to draw the concrete plans for transformations and changes in a form of live community dialogue. With the event we want to promote and encourage academic dialogue outside of the academic space and therefore to engage and mobilize broader audiences in important social matters of troubled contemporary Europe.

PROGRAM SCHEDULE

11:00-14.00 The West & the Rest, workshop (Mediatutkimus harjoitusteatteri, UTU).

15:00 Imagining, Narrating, Embodying the Other, round table (Kuvateatteri)

16:00 Louders Unheard, an interactive text game (Naruteatteri)
16:00 Today I am me: A story of gender, exhibition opening (Naruteatteri)

16.30-17.00 Coffee & Cakes

17:00 War, displacement and resettlement, movie projection & discussion (Kuvateatteri)

18:30 Chasing White, performance (Naruteatteri)

20:00 Imaginary Me, semi-fictional poetic dialogue with music (Kuvateatteri)

*Please, note that the programme is subject to change; any changes will be communicated in advance.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VENUES

Mediatutkimus harjoitusteatteri E321, University of Turku (Kaivokatu 12, Minerva, 3rd floor),
Naruteatteri & Kuvateatteri, Turun AMK, Taideakatemia (Linnankatu 54-60, 1st floor).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DESCRIPTIONS

THE WEST & THE REST, Karolina Lech
The workshop examines the idea of 'Western normative' and how the 'West and the Rest' was constituted with the support of different discursive practices and visual representations. By considering different (visual) texts, participants will look into unbalanced power relations between western and non-western societies through different 'othering' practices from stereotypes to prejudices, and challenge them by reconstructing, revising and reframing the analysed texts.

LOUDERS UNHEARD, Aline Gaffiot & Henrikka Kallio
The photo exhibitions portrays the people who decide not to be silent, but 'loud'; engaged individuals who go on streets to (re)claim the social justice by gathering and physically manifesting their support. The captured motifs show flags, masks, banners and other props people use to get their demands heard. However, why demonstrations so often fail? Why the masses of people are unheard?

TODAY I AM ME: A STORY OF GENDER, Niko Nikkilä
'Today I am me' is a short, interactive text game which puts the player into the shoes of a person representing a minority. With the example of gender minorities, participants in the game can get a glimpse of the world through their eyes.

WAR, DISPLACEMENT AND RESETTLEMENT, Nóra Ugron & Suvi Hirvonen
War, displacement and resettlement - visual dialogues between Finland's post-war Karelian evacuees and 21st-century refugees from the Global South. We aim to spark discussion about the possible parallels between the experiences of Finnish Karelians, who were evacuated as children, and young people who have recently arrived to Finland as refugees. A short film about the interviews with Karelian evacuees will be presented along with two videos dealing with the experiences of 21st-century refugees, followed by a discussion.

CHASING WHITE, Sara Koiranen
'Chasing White' is a performance which explores normative whiteness, white alliance and racism. What is whiteness, what does whiteness communicates in contemporary and shattered Europe? How it takes part in current social dynamics and what is the role of white allies in fighting racism? All the material in 'Chasing White' is produced in a workshop with students of Turun Klassillinen lukio.

IMAGINARY ME, Elina Sallinen
Imaginary me is a collaborative poetry performance created by poets with many different backgrounds. The form of poetry will be 'semi-fictional poetic dialogue' and it focuses to create a space where it is safe to express oneself through poetry."